Minor Ailment Scheme - Brunshaw Pharmacy, Burnley
What is the Minor Ailment Scheme?
Every year, millions of us visit our GP surgeries for minor health problems that a local community pharmacy could help with. By visiting your local community pharmacy instead, you could save yourself time and hassle while lowering pressure on your GP so they can deal with other more complicated healthcare conditions.
The Minor Ailments Scheme is an NHS funded scheme that aims to diagnose common ailments and provides free, effective treatment without medical intervention. Participating pharmacies will attempt to provide you with the medicine and care you need, but this is restricted by the nature of your ailment and the policy in place at each respected pharmacy.
Who is the Minor Ailment Scheme aimed at?
The service is for but not limited to:
- Children aged under 16.
- Those aged 19 or under in full-time education.
- Those aged 60 or over.
- Those in possession of a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC).
- Other such medical exemption certification.
- Those with certain benefits – income support, jobseeker’s allowance, universal credit.
What medical conditions are covered by the Minor Ailment Scheme?
The Minor Ailments Scheme is designed to cover a host of medical conditions, but due to the varying locations and methods of conditions, some ailments aren’t covered by the scheme. The conditions listed are examples and vary by location:
- Limb sprains
- Sore throat
- Indigestion and heartburn
- Fungal infections on the skin, like verruca and warts
- Head lice
- Mouth ulcers
- Nappy rash
- Insect bites and stings
- Eczema and dermatitis
- Urinary tract infection
- Childhood impetigo
- Emergency hormonal contraception
- Eye infections
What service can we offer?
Our pharmacists can help recognise and treat many common illnesses. We can give advice and recommend over-the-counter medicines that could help clear up the problem. Visit Brunshaw Pharmacy, Burnley for more information or call on 01282 830979.
|Monday – Friday||9.00 – 18.00|
|Saturday||9.00 – 13.00|
- Address 6 Brownside Rd, Burnley, BB10 3JU
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 01282 830979